Vacancy – Home Automation & AV Specialist
Ashway are on the hunt for a “switched-on” Installation Engineer / Programmer to join our award winning installation team.
Based in the North of England, Ashway are a specialist Audio/Visual and Automation company working with a select client base on projects across the UK. Our clients use us because of our reputation for high quality work coupled with service excellence. Ashway are one of a small number of experienced companies involved in the design and installation of electronic systems for the home – a rapidly growing field. Areas typically covered in our projects include integration of lighting, heating and security along with the installation of multi-room audio and video solutions; home cinema and dedicated theatre rooms.
Due to the expansion of our services, a full-time vacancy has opened for an experienced Audio Visual & Home Automation Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join one of the country’s leading CEDIA accredited companies. Ashway are a hard working company, but we also enjoy what we do and have a good time doing it. We are committed to employee development and will ensure that the candidate is supported for any additional training or accreditation required for the role.
Working to tight deadlines, the successful candidate must be highly motivated possessing excellent communication and organisational skills and have the ability to prioritise tasks to see the job through from its start to completion. An enthusiastic approach and willing to learn is paramount. Additionally, the successful candidate must be friendly, approachable and technically minded and will have at least 3 years Control systems, audio visual and IT experience installing custom solutions into residential premises. Some commercial experience would be a benefit. Although most of our work is in the North of England you may be required to travel across the UK or on occasions abroad.
- Programming of Automation Systems – Primarily ‘Control4’.
- Installation of distributed Audio and Video Systems.
- Home cinema installs including projection.
- TV wall mounting.
- Wall chasing and cable pulling
- 1st & 2nd Fix installation works
- Wired and wireless network installations.
- IT systems and router set ups.
- CCTV & Access control
- Commissioning systems of all sizes
- Fault Finding
- Rack building.
- Attend project meetings when required.
- Client Handovers / Demonstrations
- Very good communication skills.
- To have an excellent understanding of 1st, 2nd, final fix and commissioning of Control System (particularly Control4), AV and data installations.
- Have excellent crimping and compression fit termination skills.
- To be able to work from and prepare drawings, cable schedules, terminating sheets and work from site plans.
- Ability to work alone on own initiative as well as operate as part of a team.
- Ability to carry out installations within agreed time scales, to required specification and to budget.
- Be organised, flexible and able to adapt to different types of tasks during the day.
- Ability to follow Project Managers instructions but also contribute to engineering solutions on site.
- Liaise and work alongside respective trades.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic numeracy including the use of Excel.
- Provide written job reports.
- You must have Control4 Level2 Programming Certification, with at least 12 months programming experience.
- You will be experienced and confident with: Distributed audio systems, HDMI matrix systems, TCP/IP Networking, Central control systems, Lighting Control systems, RF distribution systems, CCTV and Access Control.
- Product knowledge with the following and/or similar suppliers: Control4, Draytek, Pakedge, Wyrestorm, Texecom, Ruckus, Lutron, Clipsal, Mode and Sonos.
- Excellent fault finding skills.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent timekeeping and always punctual with an understanding of the importance of meeting deadlines.
- You will be well presented as you will be meeting with clients and their representatives.
- You will need to be computer literate and fully capable of using MS Office, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You must be physically fit as this is a physically demanding job.
- A full, clean UK driver’s license.
Location: West Yorkshire / Wakefield
Salary: Dependent on experience
Other: A company vehicle & phone will be provided for business use.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, then we would love to hear from you..
Please email ALL enquires to email@example.com